Arlington Chamber Joined by HEB Chamber for Austin Trip, January 29-31, 2013
For the fifth consecutive legislative session, the Arlington Chamber of Commerce – joined this year by the HEB Chamber—plans to take members to Austin early in the 83rd Legislative Session to meet with legislators and agency staff on policy issues important to the Chamber.
The dates for Arlington to Austin are January 29-31, 2013. This includes a reception Tuesday, January 29 at the Doubletree Suites Hotel, 300 W. 15th Street, for all in attendance, all members of the Legislature and selected state agencies. The agenda will include meetings with members of the Arlington and HEB legislative delegation along with selected other leaders. Most meetings will occur Wednesday, January 30, with a few carried over to Thursday morning, January 31. We will complete all scheduled meetings by 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
In addition to the reception, the Chamber will provide breakfast and lunch at the Doubletree Wednesday and breakfast Thursday morning.
The Chamber has a block of rooms set aside at the Doubletree Suites hotel. A link to the hotel reservation page will be sent to your email after you register with the Chamber by clicking here. This negotiated rate expires in early January, and the hotel is almost completely booked for other events, so registering as early as possible is advised.
The cost per member for meals, transportation and event-related materials is $150 per person.
If you have questions, please contact or
Want to learn more?
Center for Public Policy Advisory Council
- Proposed Projects, 2014 Bond Election
- Chamber Resolution 2014 City Bond Election
- City of Arlington Updated Economic Development Strategy
- Chamber Resolution Supporting Changes to Abram Street Design
- Arlington Chamber Resolution supporting ISD Bond Proposal
- Arlington School District Bond Proposal
- Arlington ISD Capital Needs Summary
- Arlington Lofts Elevations
- Letter to City from UT Arlington
- Bullet Points, Arlington Lofts
- Arlington Multi-Family Housing Profile
- New York Avenue Strategy
- Ride the MAX- Metro ArlingtonXpress
- Housing Supply Presentation to Arlington City Council, June 4 2013
- 2012 Single-Family Housing Profile
- Texas Highway 360 Maps and Agreement
- Existing Zoning Ordinance Analysis
- New Zoning Ordinance Draft
- Keep Texas Working
- TxDOT Announcement, Highway 360
- House Interim Study charges
- The Texas Budget and the Energy Boom
- Speaker Straus on State Transportation Funding
- Texas Taxes and Manufacturing
- Economic Impact of Medicaid Expansion
- 2013 State Legislative Agenda
- How States that Rejected Medicaid Expansion Sabotaged Their Biggest Cities
- Guide to the Affordable Care Act
- Billy Hamilton Report on Medicaid Impact
- Changing Demographics in Texas and Implications for the Future
- Federal Infrastructure Needs and Costs
- Medicare and Medicaid Cost Presumptions
- Mobility 2035
- Possible Solutions to Texas Water Shortages
- Regional Connectivity: Michael Morris
- The Texas Margins Tax
- United Way 2-1-1 Stats Report